H.O.M.E.R. - Handling of non-rigid materials with robots.
Four Universities and two industrial partners are involved in this project (U.W.C., U.R., T.U.B., U.P., Fazan, Image).
Development of an Expert System in designing of grippers for handling non-rigid materials.
The main aim of this research is to provide users of robots with a systematic approach for the design of grippers for handling non-rigid materials. The expert system will be implemented in a knowledge-based system called HOMER.
The objectives of the research are:
- To address specific non-rigid materials handling tasks which are difficult to automate and propose engineering solutions. The tasks will be specified by industrial partners.
- To develop an expert system for the design of grippers for handling non-rigid materials.
- To develop new grasping techniques for non-rigid materials.
- To improve current gripper design techniques specifically for the handling of non-rigid materials.
- To verify the developed knowledge-based system at the industrial partners’ site to prove its applicability and adaptability in real-world manufacturing environments.