RAAD 2018 – The 27th International Conference on Robotics in Alpe-Adria-Danube Region
June 6-8, 2018, Patras, Greece
We are glad to invite you to participate in the 27th International Conference on Robotics in Alpe-Adria-Danube Region - RAAD 2018.
The Conference will be held in the Conference & Cultural Center of University of Patras, Greece, from June 6 to June 8, 2018 and will bring together academic and industry researchers in robotics from the Alpe-Adria-Danube Region affiliated Countries and their worldwide partners in a collegial and stimulating environment. According to its tradition, RAAD 2018 will cover all major areas of R&D and innovation in robotics, including new research trends.
Papers are solicited on topics related to new theories, advanced design of robot mechanics and control architectures, and development of intelligent robotic applications, including but not limited to:
- Novel design and applications of robotic systems
- Dexterous grasping, handling and intelligent manipulation
- Intelligent cooperating and service robots
- Advanced robot control
- Human-robot interfaces
- Robot vision systems and visual servoing techniques
- Mobile robots, Humanoid and walking robots
- Field and agricultural robotics
- Bio-inspired and swarm robotic systems
- Towards micro and nano-scale robots
- Aerial, underwater and spatial robots
- Robot integration in holonic manufacturing
- Personal robots for ambient assisted living
- Medical robots and bionic prostheses
- Intelligent information technologies for cognitive robots
- Education in robotics
- History of automation and robotics
- Cognitive robots and Emotional Intelligence
- Cloud robotics
- Ethical, legal and social issues of robotic
SUBMISSION AND PROCEEDINGS
Full papers with recommended length of 6-8 pages must be submitted in the Springer format, via the OCS Springer system. Instructions are available in the Conference website https://raad2018.events.upatras.gr/
All accepted and presented papers will be published in a Scopus indexed book of the Springer Series Mechanism and Machine Science, with the title: Advances in Service and Industrial Robotics: Proceedings of the 27th Conference on Robotics in Alpe-Adria-Danube Region, RAAD 2018.
The authors of selected papers will be asked to submit the extended versions of their manuscripts for publishing in the special issue of the International Journal of Mechanics and Control - JoMaC, as well as in a special issue of the JCR listed journal Robotica.
Three papers will be awarded in the following categories: research, applications and student.
Full paper submission: January 19, 2018.
Notification of acceptance: March 1, 2018.
Final paper submission: March 22, 2018.
Full registration: 350 € (early) / 400 € (late)
IFToMM members: 320 € (early) / 340 € (late)
Students: 200 € (early) / 220 € (late)
Accompanying person: 150 €
Looking forward to meeting you in Patras,
Nikos A. Aspragathos, Conference Chair
Panagiotis Koustoumpardis, Conference Co-Chair
Vassilis Moulianitis, Conference Co-Chair